Flood Elevation Certificates

Certifications, Community Rating System (CRS), Elevation, Lowest Floor

Flood Elevation Certificates

Any building in a flood plain, as determined by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), may require flood insurance. If the proximity to the flood zone is in question, the property owner can order a flood elevation certificate to determine to what extent the property is at risk of flooding.

According to FEMA: A community’s permit file must have an official record that shows new buildings and substantial improvements in all identified Special Flood Hazard Areas (SFHAs)are properly elevated. This elevation information is needed to show compliance with the floodplain management ordinance. FEMA encourages communities to use the Elevation Certificate developed by FEMA to fulfill this requirement since it also can be used by the property owner to obtain flood insurance. Communities participating in the Community Rating System (CRS) are required to use the FEMA Elevation Certificate.

Contact Gluckler & Den Bleyker with any questions you may have regarding all your surveying needs.

Request an estimate today!


Estimate Request for Flood Elevation Certificate